About the Role
The Cook has responsibility for food preparation and kitchen oversight of luncheons, dinners, and special events, in alignment with the policies and instructions established by the Corporate Board of Directors. The Cook will demonstrate a professional manner and attitude. The Cook takes direction from the Kitchen Manager.
• Supervise and train kitchen workers, in coordination with Kitchen Manager.
• Instruct workers in the correct use and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
• Assume responsibility for cooking and baking proportions and presentation of all event related food served in dining rooms or catered.
• Obtain clarification from Kitchen Manager when questions arise concerning menus, recipes, etc.
• Work with Kitchen Manager concerning development of menus, recipes, etc.
• Ensure that kitchen and related areas are kept clean, sanitized, and free of clutter.
• Coordinate with Kitchen Manager the rotation of food in coolers, freezers, etc., move the oldest inventory to the front, using it first, etc.
• Maintain records as might be required regarding daily and weekly menus, cooked foods for catering, etc.
• Follow the event-specific Function Sheets regarding menu selection and quantities.
• Endeavor at all times to maintain necessary communications and promote harmony with Staff.
• Minimize or alleviate causes and conditions which might result in accidents or injuries to workers.
• Practice good personal hygiene and grooming, wearing required suitable clothing and shoes.
• Work in accordance with food service laws.
• Maintain proper food handling.
• Help plate food during events.
• Assist workers with event-related kitchen clean-up.
• Ability to push, pull, or lift at least 25 pounds using proper body mechanics.
• Ability to work standing, walking, or moving for 3-4 hours without needing to sit down.
• ServSafe (or willingness to obtain it)
About the Company
The Canton Woman's Club was established in 1920 by a group of women looking to provide a social establishment for the women of Canton. Today the membership continues the traditions of friendship, education, hard work and civic responsibility.
In addition to our membership activities, we are also available for private events, catering, tea parties and more!