About the Role
The Server sets tables, serves meals, clears tables, and resets the room. The Server performs duties to ensure excellent service to Club Members and guests according to established rules of etiquette as described in the Training Manual. The Server takes direction from the Lead Server and the Club Manager.
• Review Function Sheets for menu, guest count, and special set-up instructions.
• Prepare the room for the event including appropriate lighting, equipment, and placement of tables, chairs, and tray stands.
• Dress the tables with clean linens, place settings, centerpieces, and condiments.
• When set-up is complete, ensure that all areas of the room are clean and ready for guests.
• Prepare the beverages.
• Serve food, beverages, and dessert.
• Clear the tables, launder the linens, sanitize the room, and assist with dish washing.
• Reset the room.
• Perform other duties as instructed by the Lead Server and the Club Manager.
• Ability to push, pull, or lift at least 25 pounds using proper body mechanics.
• Ability to work standing, walking, or moving for 3-4 hours without needing to sit down.
• Must be able to walk up and down steps carrying a tray of food.
• Ability to assist with moving tables and chairs.
• Basic math skills.
About the Company
The Canton Woman's Club was established in 1920 by a group of women looking to provide a social establishment for the women of Canton. Today the membership continues the traditions of friendship, education, hard work and civic responsibility.
In addition to our membership activities, we are also available for private events, catering, tea parties and more!